Wednesday, September 30, 2026

Captain's Q&A

Senior captain Jack Harvey is coming off his best goal-scoring season with 13 and is the Terriers' top returning goal-scorer. Throughout his career he's been a factor on special teams--power play, penalty kill and shootouts. He shared his thoughts about the upcoming season. 

Q. As senior captain, what will you take from previous captains to help you lead the team in meeting its goals?
A. Throughout my years at BU, I've seen a lot of great captains, people who did things different ways. I'll take things from each of them while being myself.
Q. Coming off a year where the team failed to live up to expectations, what are you communicating to your teammates to ensure a bounce-back season?
A. The big thing is never taking a day for granted, always coming to the rink with the right mentality. 
Q. Compared with a year ago, there are far fewer newcomers, and that group includes a pair of transfers with two years of D1 experience. Has that made their assimilation into the team less complicated?
A. Having fewer (newcomers) has been good for getting everyone one the same page, which we've done.  Both of the portal transfers have been really great additions to our older group and they've also taken on the role of helping the younger guys.
Q. What one or two key elements in the team’s play this season need to be different—and better--from last season?
A. One thing that will be huge for this group is consistency, not just in games, but in always putting our best foot forward every day, coming to the rink and trying to get better. 
Q. What are your personal goals for the season?
A. I want to do everything I can to help this team win a national championship. That's everyone's goal on this team. 
Q. Seven of your 13 goals last season came on special teams. How will you boost your even strength results? 
A. Honestly I don't think about that much. Every time I'm on the ice I just help our team win and move the needle our way.  
Q. You’re batting .750 (3 out of 4) on shootout goals. Do you have a few different approaches? 
A. There really isn't a lot of preparation. Its going down and seeing what the goalie is giving you, then utilizing that. I've been lucky. 
Q. Last season was a down year for the team's power play, compared to prior seasons. What is being worked on to make that an impact weapon again?
A. I feel good about the power play. We have an approach where we're ready all the time. We won't be taking it slow. We'll be attacking.  
Q. Which returning player or players do you expect will take a major step up this season?  
A. I expect Aiden Celebrini is going to take a big step. He's always been really good defensively, but I think he'll take another step and be a shutdown guy for us. 

No comments: